Zucchini Meatballs Recipe
After bariatric surgery your food doesn't have to be bland or boring! You can only eat so much at a time so why not make the most of what you are eating? I am all about creative recipes, and I have one to share with you today! This is how you make zucchini meatballs.
- 1lb. of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the ketchup in a bowl.
3. Form mixture into large meatballs (will make about 6) and place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. 4. Top with ketchup and enjoy
It may not be the sugar-filled meatballs we're used to eating, but it sure is a tasty substitute!
Please keep in mind that this recipe is appropriate for those in maintenance mode. If you are still early out from bariatric surgery, it's most likely not time for you to add these foods in. Make sure you are following the guidelines from your surgeon. Recipes like this will help keep you on track and “splurge” without truly splurging. It’s all about balance and creating a healthy lifestyle.
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a comment