Having bariatric surgery doesn’t mean that you can not enjoy eating, you can prepare easy flavorful dinners that are the order of the day. This simple beef and veggies stir fry is healthy, delicious, and whips up in about 20-30 minutes. It’s a hit with the kids too!
This recipe specifically calls for frozen broccoli because it does not require pre-steaming. When it thaws it becomes the ideal texture for making a quick low carb stir fry.
Our friend Kedric shared another great recipe with us on his cooking show! We host it on our Facebook Live. If you want to get more recipes, stay tune. Great recipes aren't the only thing he's giving away 🤫
- 3 Tbsp of Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 pound of flank steak or steak of choice
- For the Sauce:
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for spicy sauce)
- Heat sesame oil and butter in a pan.
- Add onion and bell peppers and cook until fragrant.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Add carrots, snow peas, and broccoli. Cook until soft and then remove from heat and set to the side.
- Add steak to the pan and cook until desired temperature.
- Add vegetables back and season with garlic and onion powder.
- Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and chicken stock until combined.
- Add sauce to the pan of steak and vegetables and let it simmer.
- Remove from heat, top with sesame seeds and enjoy :)