Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A nice healthy breakfast will set your whole day up for success, but it can be hard finding time to prepare a nice breakfast. That’s why I want to introduce you to this delicious recipe for egg muffins.
One of the reasons I love this recipe is that it’s packed full of protein, super low on carbohydrates, and packed full of yummy flavor. Not only is it a great bariatric breakfast recipe, but it’s so tasty even the family and guests will love it.
Ready to eat in 25 minutes, this recipe features eggs, bacon, cheese, and milk. This is a solid recipe you can make to eat immediately, or you can prepare it ahead of time and stick them in the freezer. It will only take 30 seconds to warm them up the next morning. Here’s what you’ll need;
- Muffin pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 10-12 slices pre-cooked bacon
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the over to 350°F and spray muffin pay with nonstick spray.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces. Place 2-3 pieces in each muffin cup.
- Mix together all ingredients except for ¼ cup of cheese. Fill each muffin cup with ¼ cup of the egg mixture. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy or store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator or place inside a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze.
To reheat from refrigerated: Microwave for 20-30 seconds until heated through.
To reheat from frozen: Remove muffins from freezer and allow to thaw overnight in the fridge, either in a bag or other airtight container. Then reheat as above.
Serving: 2 muffins | Calories: 200 | Carbs: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: > 1g | Sugar: > 1g