Salmon is one of the most versatile and flavorful fish in the sea, and consuming it regularly can be incredibly healthy.
Salmon is an excellent source of highly beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids as well as several other vitamins and nutrients that promote heart health.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and Juice from 1 medium sized lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped clove garlic
- ½ jalapeno, diced (optional)
- Course ground sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds salmon filets
- Puree olive oil, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in your food processor until it has gained a smooth consistency.
- Place salmon filet on a lines baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season salmon with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper as desired.
- Evenly spread lime and cilantro puree over you salmon filet.
- Bake salmon in an over preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or place on the grill if desired.
- Cook until just done, approximately 10-15 minutes.
When cooking your salmon, be careful not to overcook it. Salmon is a very delicate fish and will retain much of its natural moisture when prepared properly. Your salmon will be done when you can easily separate it along the grain of the filet with a butter knife. Slightly translucent meat is perfectly normal, and a salmon at this state is at its juiciest.
Tip: For a more intense cilantro and lime flavor, simply marinate your salmon for 15 to 20 minutes prior to cooking. Bon appetite!