- This delicious dinner recipe provides the body with an excellent source of protein and nutrients! Healthy, bariatric friendly, and delicious! Let’s get started…
Beef and Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry
- 1 lb of beef flank steak
- 2 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of corn starch
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts halved and trimmed accordingly
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Hot already prepared rice
1) To begin preparing, cut the flank steak thinly across the grain and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then put a large skillet on high heat and add 1 tbsp peanut oil. Add the thinly cut steak in batches and cook on high heat for approximately 3 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked all the way through. After all the meat is cooked, wipe skillet clean.
2) Leave the large skillet over high heat and add 1 tbsp peanut oil. Cook brussels sprouts for approximately 3 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are just barely browned. With brussels sprout still in the skillet, add garlic and ginger to the skillet. Let mixture cook for approximately 1 minute while stirring constantly.
3) In a small bowl, combine corn starch, lime juice, broth, soy sauce and brown sugar and whisk together until the mixture is completely smooth. Add this mixture to the large skillet with brussels Sprouts and bring to a boil. Continue to cook for approximately 4 to 5 more minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are completely cooked through and tender.
4) Combine cooked brussels sprouts with cooked flank steak in skillet. Serve the brussels sprouts and steak mixture over cooked rice. Enjoy!
Share you recipes with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this article for later by pinning the image below!