As a weight loss surgery patient, it is extremely satisfying losing so much weight so quickly. However, there will come a point where that weight loss slows down. Many people experience plateaus which can be extremely frustrating. These 5 tips will help you break through a plateau and get back on track.
- Change it up! If you are eating the same foods every day, change it up. Try changing just one meal. If that doesn’t do anything, change another meal. You might even have to completely change what you eat in a day. If you are like me, you might be a creature of habit so this can be quite challenging. However, sometimes you just have to change it up since our bodies get used to the way we eat.
- Work out. If you are currently not working out, now is the time to do it. Start small and work up to a more intense workout routine.
- Eat higher fat. This might be confusing, but it has worked quite well for me. Sometimes your body just needs an extra dose of healthy fat. Try eating a tablespoon of olive oil and see if that jump starts your weight loss.
- Track your food. You might be missing something that is causing the stall. Track your foods so you can evaluate what you are eating in a day and determine if you need to make any adjustments.
- Be patient. Your body will eventually get through this. Give it time to catch up. You are losing weight very fast and sometimes it just needs to take a break.
Remember that your journey will have these moments. Trust in your body and remember why you started this. YOU GOT THIS!