Applying the basic bariatric concept of Protein First, we’ve compiled this Top 10 bariatric snacks list which you are certain to love.
1. Protein Popsicles: This one is very simple to make;
- 1 banana (frozen)
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of peanut butter powder
- 1 cup of milk (you can substitute with almond milk or any other milk)
- 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
Mix well in blender, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze. You’ll feel really good about these popsicles!
2. Protein Bars: Protein bars of any brand are suitable (just choose one with low sugar). Our fave brands are:
- Power Crunch
These bars are low in sugar and high in protein. A bariatric win-win.
3. Pre-made protein Shakes: You can’t go wrong with premade shakes. They’re so convenient, especially on the go. Just make sure you get the best protein to sugar ratio- that is: More protein and low sugar content. Here are our favorite brands:
- Premier protein
- Muscle Milk
- Core Power
4. Protein Infused Water: These are a good option if you don’t enjoy protein shakes and would prefer a fruity clear drink instead. Here are some options:
- Gatorade Zero with Protein
- Oikos Triple Zero
- Powerful Yogurt
- Ratio Protein Yogurt
However, if you don’t want to go through the trouble of making them, fret not, they are available, and you guessed it, we’re sharing our favorite brands with you here:
- Parm Crisps
- Mrs. Cubbison’s
- Moon Cheese (although these are more like cheese puffs, but they are still delicious!
8. Jerky: Whether you choose beef or ostrich jerky (yes that’s a thing), this is a portable and protein-packed snack. Obviously, you’d have to be past the soft foods stage to consume jerky, but for those with a salty tooth, it’s a favorite. Here are some brands we enjoy:
- Country Archer
Please share this list with your bariatric family if you found it useful. You might also want to check out our other articles for even more bariatric food ideas.
Come back soon for more bariatric content and great tips.