This healthy salad makes a great lunch or dinner and can be saved in the refrigerator for leftovers!
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded, chicken breast-seasoned with lemon and pepper
- ½ pound of cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup of shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of fresh, whole corn kernels
- ½ cup of diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup of sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ½ cup of diced plum tomato
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of diced, canned chipotle chilies in an adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl then add the chicken, vegetables (not the chilies) and cheese. Mix well. In another bowl combine the juices, olive oil, chilies and salt, stir thoroughly. Drizzle the sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to evenly coat the salad. Cover the bowl and chill before serving. The salad can last several days in the refrigerator.
Share your recipes with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this article for later by pinning the image below: