Do you have a sweet tooth? I know I do! One of the hardest things for me to give up after weight loss surgery was sugar. I’ve spent the last several years trying to find creative and healthy ways to still get a little sweetness in my life when I can! Today I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes that is not only sweet, but also full of protein. PROTEIN BALLS!
-1 cup packed dates
- 1 cup of chopped ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup oats ( I love what this does to the consistency!)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used vanilla)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll into small balls (using an ice cream scooper helps) and store in the fridge until they are firm
- Enjoy a nice healthy sweet treat!
There are so many creative protein ball recipes out there, but this one is my favorite. These are great snacks to have when you are craving something sweet, but be careful and limit yourself to only 1 a day. Add and remove ingredients as you like to get the consistency and flavor you enjoy.