Crunchy Tuna Patties Recipe June 08 2017, 0 Comments
Whether it’s necessary for you or a family member to be on a special bariatric diet or you’re just looking for meals that are both healthy and delicious, you’re going to love the taste of crunchy tuna patties. This meal is very easy to digest while also providing some excellent nutrients with few calories. Individuals who have recently had bariatric or stomach surgery find this recipe ideal for their new diet.
With zero sugar, only one gram of fat and 12 grams of protein, these patties can make a great meal! Each 80-calorie serving size has 4 grams of carbs, 22 grams of cholesterol and 240 milligrams of sodium.
Here's what you need:
- Mixing spoon
- Medium size mixing bowl for tuna mix
- 3 small bowls (for water chestnuts, carrots and crackers)
- 12” frying pan or skillet
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 3-ounce cans tuna, in water
- 4 egg whites
- 16 Wheat Thins crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped water chestnuts or diced red pepper
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- Pepper, dill and dried mustard, to your taste
How to make
1) Put the onion and water chestnuts (or red peppers) in a small bowl and set aside.
2) Grate the carrots crush the crackers and set aside.
3) Put the 4 cans of tuna into the medium size mixing bowl. Add in the egg whites and mix well. Add in all the remaining ingredients. Sample it a little so you can determine how much pepper, dill and dried mustard you want. We generally use about ½ teaspoon of each.
4) Shape the tuna mixture with your hands and make 8 patties. Spray the frying pan with the cooking spray and cook the patties until golden brown on both sides. This generally takes 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5) When done, tuna patties should be crispy. They taste delicious with a little squeeze of lemon and a scoop of Greek yogurt. Yum!
Share your Tuna Patties recipe with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this recipe for later by pinning the image below!