Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers Recipe June 09 2017, 0 Comments
Take a step outside the box and create a new menu option you can make right in your own kitchen. Try a new spin on an old favorite by taking your fajitas beyond the normal flour tortilla and serving your chicken fajitas as stuffed peppers. You’ll not only amp up the flavor with this option; you’ll also add to the nutrition content of your meal. It’s a quick switch when you simply take the peppers out of the fajita mix and use them as the serving “dish” instead!
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite fajita seasoning mix
- 1 limed, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced (yellow or sweet is best)
- 4 bell peppers or red chili peppers*
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh
- 16 cherry tomatoes, sliced (grape work well too)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, julienned
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
Makes 4 servings!
*Roasted Peppers: To prepare your own peppers, preheat your oven’s broiler and then coat each pepper with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, using a pastry brush or your fingers. Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet on the highest rack in your oven. Allow the peppers to darken in the oven and remove the peppers once dark splotches begin to appear on the peppers. Turn the peppers over and follow the same process for the other side. Alternatively, you can use jarred red peppers.