Balsamic Orange Glazed Cod Recipe June 01 2017, 0 Comments
This Balsamic Orange Glazed Cod recipe is a delicious entree that takes merely 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. It will produce up to 4 servings, so it can satisfy a regular sized family for a standard weeknight dinner. It makes use of the packet style of cooking with aluminum foil in order to retain the moisture and flavor of the fish and its toppings. Plus it's under 200 calories per serving and packed with nutrients to give your body the energy it needs!
If you prefer, go ahead and zest the orange rind instead of mincing it. Either way, it will provide that extra dash of flavor that will put your cod over the top. You’ll need the following ingredients and cooking materials to make the balsamic orange glazed cod.
- 1 package of sablefish / black cod that is thawed out
- 1 tablespoon of minced orange rind
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of regular organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil, sunflower oil or your favorite oil
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- A dash of salt
- A dash of pepper
- 2 sheets of large aluminum foil
- A baking dish
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a large piece of aluminum foil into the baking dish. The foil should be large enough to place the cod inside while the perimeter of the foil protrudes.
- Put the pieces of cod into the middle of the aluminum foil and then put all of the ingredients on top of the fish.
- Place another large piece of aluminum foil on top and seal off the edges by folding them over.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until fish is cooked thoroughly. Only remove the fish when it is thoroughly cooked. When it is cooked to perfection, it will produce lovely flakes.
Share your recipes with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this recipe for later by pinning the image below: