Beef Roast with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes Recipe June 07 2017, 0 Comments
Create a beautiful and healthy meal with this recipe for beef roast with broccoli and sweet potatoes!
- 12 oz beef roast*
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, baked or steamed (roughly 2 large potatoes)
- 2 cups broccoli, rinsed and trimmed (about 1 bunch)
- 4 teaspoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 8 tablespoons caramelized onions**
- Pinch black pepper
1) Beef Roast: To prepare your beef roast, select one 2 1/2 pound top round beef roast. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Remove the meat from the refrigerator and allow it to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Pat the meat dry with paper towels and sprinkle the meat with 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper. Rub the pepper into the meat. Place a cast-iron skillet on medium heat on the stove. Sear the meat on all sides and then transfer the pan to the oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and roast the meat until it reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees. Remove the roast from the oven and cover with tin foil. Let the meat stand for 10 minutes.
2) Caramelized Onions: Sauté 4 cups of onions, white or yellow, in 1 teaspoon of butter. Add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to the onions. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking the onions and repeat adding water two more times until the onions are nicely browned and tender.
3) Prepare the sweet potatoes. Microwave or bake the sweet potatoes until fork tender.
4) After rinsing and cutting the broccoli into bite-size pieces, steam or simmer the broccoli until tender. Transfer the to a bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking. Slice the roast. Then, heat a nonstick sauté pan to medium-high heat. Drain the broccoli and add it to the warmed pan. Sauté the broccoli approximately 2 minutes. Add the almonds to the pan and cook for an additional minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice. Season to taste with a pinch of black pepper.
To serve the meal: For each serving, place 3 oz of meat on a plate. Top the meat with 2 tablespoons of onions. Add 1/2 cup of broccoli and sweet potatoes each to the side of the meat.
Share your recipe with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this recipe for later by pinning the image below!