If you have been keeping up with our Facebook, you know our friend Ked has been sharing some really great recipes with us.
Baked Lasagna Stuffed Peppers are delicious and easy way to make. The most important part is that is low-carb, gluten-free lasagna the whole family will love! The flavor is full of traditional Italian flavors like ground beef sautéed with marinara, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese… all packed in sweet bell peppers.
- 4 bell peppers (colors your choice)
- 1 pound ground beef
- Diced onion
- 1 1/2 cup of Rao’s Sauce or tomato sauce of choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheese of choice
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Seasoning of choice
- Dried parsley
- Bring water with a dash of salt and olive oil to a boil.
- Cut bell peppers in half to form bell pepper boats.
- Empty seeds and cut out white pits. Place in boiling water four to five minutes and remove.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook ground beef in skillet and add onions and seasoning to taste. Once done drain off excess oil and place back in the skillet adding tomato sauce.
- Mix one egg with ricotta cheese and blend together with a spoon. Sprinkle one teaspoon dried parsley in mix.
- Spoon beef and sauce mixture in the peppers and sprinkle a cheese. Spoon a layer of ricotta and finish filling the pepper with the meat sauce mix. Top them off with cheese and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley once done and enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 halves | Calories: 412 | Fat: 27g | Total Carbs: 10g | Net Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 30g