Crunchy Tuna Patties Recipe
Whether it’s necessary for you or a family member to be on a special bariatric diet or you’re just looking for meals that are both healthy and delicious, you’re going to love the taste of crunchy tuna patties. This meal is very easy to digest while also providing some excellent nutrients with few calories. Individuals who have recently had bariatric or stomach surgery find this recipe ideal for their new diet.
With zero sugar, only one gram of fat and 12 grams of protein, these patties can make a great meal! Each 80-calorie serving size has 4 grams of carbs, 22 grams of cholesterol and 240 milligrams of sodium.
Here's what you need:
- Mixing spoon
- Medium size mixing bowl for tuna mix
- 3 small bowls (for water chestnuts, carrots and crackers)
- 12” frying pan or skillet
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 3-ounce cans tuna, in water
- 4 egg whites
- 16 Wheat Thins crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped water chestnuts or diced red pepper
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- Pepper, dill and dried mustard, to your taste
Click here to continue reading this article on the Bariatric Buzz Blog!
Leave a comment